Friday, May 3, 2013

Punk: The Chaos of Couture

   I'm sorry I've been out for so many days, but my health problems wouldn't even let me sit on a chair( yes, I have actually spent the last 3 days in bed, sick, drinking tones of tea, taking tones of pills...). Thank God I am alright now!

   While I was like a " heroin-chic", I thought that it would be the perfect moment to empathize with the " sick" characters from a movie that I consider as good as Oliver Stone's The Doors(1991) - namely Alex Cox's Sid and Nancy(1986). You can easily predict that it is about the lethal love of Sid Vicious( Sex Pistols) and Nancy Spungen.

    After watching this impressive movie, I rememberd that a huge " Punk manifesto" is happening on Vogue: " Punk: The Chaos of Couture":
- Punk Fashion in Vogue: http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/from-the-archives-punk-in-vogue/#1

- Humans of New York: http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/from-the-archives-punk-in-vogue/#1

   I have chosen some iconic images of the most iconic Punk figures:

Sid Vicious



 
 


Vivianne Westwood ( Punk's mother)

 








Jean Paul Gaultier



 
 
Vogue goes... Punk






   What do you think of this eccentric, shocking and violent movement?
   I see it as an act of great courage, especially for the '70s. The style is a little extreme for me, but there are a lot of " heroin-chic" models like Kate Moss or Irina Lazareanu who would definitely look fabulous in a Punk inspired outfit.
   I will be back on this topic.

   Have a nice evening!
   See you soon.
   Love, A.

5 comments:

  1. your post is very inspiring. I think, these years for music were interesting and crazy :) Oh yeah, this style fits Kate Moss perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear! I just found your blog and I have to say I love it!. Would you be interested in following each other via GFC and Bloglovin? I always return the follow...let me know
    http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hi! I have just visited your blog back and I love it, too. I followed you on both Gfc and Bloglovin. Keep up the good work!
      Kisses, A.

      Delete
  3. hi again dear! thank you for visiting and following my blog..i am now following you as well via GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete