Sunday, February 24, 2013

Boho-chic. Melancholia

   I really miss summer. This weekend was rainy and cold and I spent almos all of it home, watching TV, reading, listening to music and drawing( I also ate sweets but keep this as a secret). I like collecting photos of celebrities who dress up nicely and these couple of days I " visited" my gallery and found some " boho-chic" celebs who reminded me of those lazy, peaceful sunny days.
   Boho-chic comes from bohemian and chic and it is inspired by the `60s hippie style. The must-haves of this style are the floaty skirts, furry gilets, embroidered tunics, cropped jackets, large faux-coin belts, sandals, cowboy boots, baggy cardigans and "hobo bags", tights or leggings and hand made jewellery combined with golden ones.
   Boho-chic makes me think of my wonderful idol, Jim Morrison( lead singer of The Doors, poet and director), and also of Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse. Their music is so unique and inspiring, I must admit that the " 27club" is so awsome and it's such a pity that they are not among us anymore. It is unbelievable how harmful things are stronger than will, talent, kindness and beauty. This year, Jim Morrison would have been 70, the same as Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger. You can interpret this as a tribute to the rock stars reminded. I believe that wearing clothes inspired by them is like saying their names daily and telling them that their " good deeds" are still alive.
   I will share some of my photos with you and I hope you will enjoy viewing them.


Nicole Richie


 
 

 
Rachel Zoe



Sienna Miller

 
 
 Mary Kate Olsen




   Have a nice week! See you soon,
   Love, A.









No comments:

Post a Comment