- Greta Garbo (1905-1990): best known for her role in Flesh and the Devil; in 1930, her first talking movie brought her an Academy Award nominalisation.
2. Katharine Hepburn (1907-2003): she won 4 Academy Awards for the Best Actress.
3. Bette Davis (1908-1989): she won 2 Academy Awards.
4. Lisa Fonssagrives (1911-1992): she is credited as the first supermodel of the world.
5. Ingrid Bergman (1915-1982): she won 3 Academy Awards, 2 Emmy Awards and the Tony Award for the Best Actress; she is best known for the role in Casablanca(1942) and for the roles in Hitchcock's films.
6. Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962): she won 2 Golden Globes; she is known as the first sex symbol.
7. Grace Kelly (1929-1982): she became the Princess of Monaco; also known as Princess Grace.
8. Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993): she is one of the most famous person of the Best Dressed List Hall of Fame; it is believed ( and I agree) that she is still the most stylish and elegant female, she has never been defeated at this chapter; Hubert de Givenchy is responsible for most of her outfits; she won an Academy Award, 2 Emmy Awards, a Tony Award, a Golden Globe and 3 BAFTA Awards.
9. Spohia Loren (1934): the first actress of a " talkie" era who won an Academy Award for the Best non-English-speaking Actress.
10. Brigitte Bardot (1934): French actress, singer and fashion model; one of the sex symbols of the 1950s-60s; in 1969 she became the face of Marianne( the national emblem of French alegory of Liberty and Reason).
11. Natalie Wood (1938-1981): she won 2 Golden Globes; she is best known for the role in Rebel Without a Cause.
I will show you the photos of some of the most popular celebrities, hierarchically, meaning the ones that develop the largest interest on the audience; so that the " fight" can be fair, I will only put here photos from the red carpet of different events:
1. Kim Kardashian:
2. Miley Cyrus:
3. Lindsay Lohan:
5. Nicki Minaj:
6. Selena Gomez:
After seeing all these photos... may I just say R.i.P style, elegance, grace and glamour? It is not necessary their fault, but if you pay a little attention, they are called "divas" by the media so easily...in some cases they don't even need to be kindered to anyone interesting, not talking about their deeds, they simply become famous and admired and searched on the internet and...
I must be fair and admit that there is at least one celebrity that is closer to the real elegance and grace; I will only show you some photos of Dita von Teese, who reminds of those times, when women knew exactly what a DIVA mean, without being vulgar(Marilyn Monroe in Playboy looked sophisticated... that means something!), exaggerated or gauzy.
For more (click) :
See you soon,
(sources: Wikipedia and JustJared.com)