Monday, March 4, 2013

Haircuts and Makeup

   " Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts." - Jim Morrison

    ... Oh, well, not just for you, my friend! I always leave the hair salon in tears and not only because no hairdresser managed to fulfill my wishes, but also because I lose " points" in one of the most sensual domains: hair. And I am pretty sure that I am not the only one in that awful situation...
   It took me several years to understand that not any haircut suits my oval shaped face... and now that I got the idea... it is quite hard to find a hair stylist who understands and agrees with my opinion. They usually have crazy, Science Fiction ideas that do not apply on my " conservative" perspective when it comes about hair.
   The same happened with makeup. I am obsessed with Audrey Hepburn, geishas and felines. What do they have in common? The eyeliner! So, I use eyeliner for the cat-eye makeup, blush for highlighting my cheeks and nude or red- burgundy lipstick ( it depends on the event). When I go to school I barely use any makeup( just blush) because I am really aware of the ageing process that all products bring, no matter which brand they belong to. I usually wear a ponytail or a ballerina bun... or I just leave it the way it wants to " hang out"; my only problem/ luck is that my hair never looks twice the same.
   I found this link very useful in case we need some piece of advice when it comes about hairstyle and makeup according to our face shape ... they also tell us what sunglasses should we wear :
http://www.sheknows.com/beauty-and-style/articles/824003/best-styles-for-your-face-shape

   Here are the 2013 trends:
http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/hair-articles/spring-2013-hair-trends#slide-25

Makeup in Fashion shows - Spring 2013 :


Gucci

Lanvin

Burberry

Dolce and Gabbana
 

Dior




   I hope these will be useful to you.
   See you soon,
   Love, A.


No comments:

Post a Comment